Original Peer-Reviewed Reports:
1. Rupa L Iyengar, MPH, Sumeet Gandhi, MD, Ashish Aneja, MD, Kevin Thorpe MMath, Louai Razzouk, MD, Jeffery Greenberg, MD, MPH, Serge Mosovich, MD, Michael E Farkouh, MD, MSc. "NSAIDs are Associated with Lower Depression Scores in Patientes with Osteoarthritis." American Journal of Medicine. September 2013.
2. S. A. Mosovich, R.T. Boone, A. Reichenberg, S. Bansilal, J. Shaffer, K. Dahlman, P.D. Harvey, M.E. Farkouh. International Journal of Clinical Practice. Review Article. New insights into the link between cardiovascular disease and depression. Linked Comment: Int J Clin Pract March 2008; Vol 62, Issue 3, p 423-432.
3. Serge A. Mosovich, Charles Mady, Neuza Lopes, Barbara Ianni, Joao Carlos Pinto Dias, Dalmo Correia and Michael E. Farkouh. Chagas Disease as a mechanistic model for testing a novel hypothesis. A doenca de Chagas como um modelo mecanicista para testar uma nova hipotese. Revista da Sociedade Brasileira de Medicina Tropical 41(1):70-72, Jan-Fev, 2008.
4. Reichenberg A, Dahlman KL, Mosovich S, Silverstein JH. Neuropsychiatric consequences of coronary artery bypass grafting and noncardiovascular surgery. Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2007;9:85-91.
5. Marcus SM, Gorman J, Shear MK, Lewin D, Martinez J, Ray S, Goetz R, Mosovich S, Gorman L, Barlow D, Woods S. A comparison of medication side effect reports by panic disorder patients with and without concomitant cognitive behavior therapy. Am J Psychiatry. 2007 Feb;164(2):273-5.
6. Hollander E, Novotny S, Hanratty M, Yaffe R, DeCaria CM, Aronowitz BR, Mosovich S. ”Oxytocin infusion reduces repetitive behaviors in adults with autistic and Asperger's disorders”. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003 Jan 28(1):193-8.
7. Buchsbaum MS, Hollander E, Haznedar MM, Tang C, Spiegel-Cohen J, Wei TC, Solimando A, Buchsbaum BR, Robins D, Bienstock C, Cartwright C, Mosovich S. “Effect of fluoxetine on regional cerebral metabolism in autistic spectrum disorders: a pilot study”. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2001 Jun 4(2):119-25.
8. Novotny S, Hollander E, Allen A, Mosovich S, Aronowitz B, Cartwright C, DeCaria C, Dolgoff-Kaspar R. “Increased growth hormone response to sumatriptan challenge in adult autistic disorders”. Psychiatry Res. 2000 May 15, 94(2):173-7.
9. Hollander E, DeCaria CM, Mari E, Wong CM, Mosovich S, Grossman R, Begaz T. “Short-term single-blind fluvoxamine treatment of pathological gambling”. Am J Psychiatry, 1998 Dec 1, 55(12):1781-3.
10. Hollander E, Delgiudice-Asch G, Simon L, Decaria CM, Aronowitz B, Mosovich S, Elder G. “Repetitive behaviors and D8/17 positivity”. Am J Psychiatry. 1997 Nov 1, 54(11):1630-1.
11. DeCaria CM, Hollander E, Grossman R, Wong CM, Mosovich SA, Cherkasky S. “Diagnosis, neurobiology, and treatment of pathological gambling”. J Clin Psychiatry. 1996, 57 Suppl 8:80-3; discussion 83-4. Review.
12. Aronowitz B, Liebowitz M, Hollander E, Fazzini E, Durlach-Misteli C, Frenkel M, Mosovich S, Garfinkel R, Saoud J, DelBene D, et al. “Neuropsychiatric and neuropsychological findings in conduct disorder and attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder”. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci. 1994 Summer, 6(3):245-9.
13. Mosovich S. Book Review of “ Psychiatric Aspects of Minimal Brain Dysfunction in Adults”. Ed. Leopold Bellak. New York: Grune and Stratton, 1979. Published in American Journal of Mental Deficiency. Sept 1980.
14. Mosovich S and Ruiz P. “Foreign Medical Graduates in the USA: A National Dilemma.” World Journal of Psychosynthesis 1980.
1. Bresch D, Novotny S, Allen A, Bienstock C, Mosovich S and Hollander E. “ Serotonergic Function in Autism: Behavioral and Neuroendocrine Responses to Oral m-Chlorophenyliperazine in Patients and Healthy Volunteers”. Society for Neuropsychiatry, 1999.
2. De Caria C, Aronowitz B, Mosovich S. “Reliability and Validity of a Pathological Gambling Modification of the Yale-Brown Obsessive Compulsive Scale (PG-YBOCS): Preliminary Findings”. Presented at the 3rd International OCD Conference in Madeira, Funchal, PT, Sept 1998.
3. “Fire Setting in Adults with Asperger’s Syndrome.” Poster presentation given at “The Sociable Brain: Neuropsychology and Disorders of Social/Emotional Development.” 14th Annual Conference of Neuropsychology. New York, NY, 1993 (S. Mosovich with L. Horn and A. Strashun).
4. “Neurobiology of Conduct Disorders.” Poster presentation given at the New York State Neuropsychological Society Meeting. Albany, NY, 1992
1. Speaker on Depression Among Adults with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities 22nd. Annual Conference on Medical Care for Persons with Developmental Disabilities, June 3rd, 2011. The Arc New Jersey.
2. New Insights Chagas Disease as a Mechanistic Model to Test a Novel Hypothesis Universidade do Triangulo Mineiro Sponsored by Dr. Joao Carlos Pinto-Dias Uberata, Minas Gerais, Brasil, September 2007
3. New Insights into the Links between Cardiovascular Disease and Depression Pre Congreso Argentino de Medicina Cardiovascular Course Director: Osvaldo Fustinoni MD INEBA (Instituto De Neurociencias de Buenos Aires), May 2007
4. May 2007 Links between Chronic Inflammatory Disease Depression, Pre Congreso Argentino de Medicina Cardiovascular Course Director: Osvaldo Fustinoni MD, May 2007
5. Chagas Disease as a Mechanistic Model for Testing a Novel Hypothesis InCor, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil, May 2007
6. Inflammatory Stress Cardiovascular Disease and Depression INEBA (Instituto de Neurociencias de Buenos Aires) 2005
7. “Justification and Design for Neurocognitive Substudy in FREEDOM Trial.” Presentation at American Heart Association, Investigators’ Meeting, New Orleans, LA, November 2004.
8. “Vascular Disease, Inflammation: Association with and Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Biological Evidence” II Curso INEBA Precongreso Argentino de Cardiologia STROKE: Relacion Corazon-Cerebro Oct. 7, 2004, Buenos Aires, AR.
9. “Depression, Cardiovascular Disease and Social Support Systems.” New York Eye and Ear Hospital. New York, NY, and The Jewish Guild for the Blind, New York, NY, Oct 2000.
10. “Asperger’s Disorder” on WEVD AM 1050 Radio “When Everybody Cares.” Jan 9, 2000.
11. “Depression and Cardiovascular Disease, Review of Mechanisms of Disease.” Sponsored Pfizer-Roerig presentation, 1999.
12. “Biobehavioral Interventions in Cardiovascular Disease.” Grand Rounds: Department of Occupational Medicine. Mount Sinai School of Medicine. New York, NY, June 1998.
13. “Asperger’s Syndrome Through the Lifetime.” American Psychiatric Association 150th Annual Convention, San Diego, CA, 1997.
14. “Asperger’s Syndrome.” Workshop led at “New Insights in the Diagnosis, Neurobiology, Genetics and Treatment of Autism.” Symposium sponsored by the Department of Psychiatry, the Page and William Black Post-Graduate School of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (CUNY) and The Autism Society of America. New York, NY, 1996.
15. “Treatment Considerations in Autism.” Talk given at “A Symposium on the Treatment of Refractory Affective, Impulsive and Compulsive Disorders.” Sponsored by the Department of Psychiatry and the Page and William Black Post-Graduate School of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine (CUNY). New York, NY, 1995.
16. “Asperger’s Syndrome Through the Lifetime.” Poster presentation given at the American Psychiatric Association Convention. Miami, FL, 1995 (with L.Horn, E.Hollander, V.Mnuchin and VSpadaccini)
17. “Asperger’s Syndrome Through the Lifetime.” New Research Presentation at the Society for Biological Psychiatry Convention. Miami, FL, 1995.
18. Guest Speaker at meeting on Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, sponsored by the Learning Disabilities Association of New York City. Staten Island, NY, 1994.
19. “An Overview of Asperger’s Syndrome.” Presentation given at Mount Sinai Services Queens Hospital Center. New York, NY, 1994.
20. “Descripcion General – Trastorno del Panico y Fobias.” Talk given at ‘Breaking the Cycle’. Conference sponsored by the National Institute of Mental Health, Freedom from Fear, Inc. and the South Bronx Mental Health Council, Inc. New York, NY, 1993.
21. Participant in forum on Attention Deficit Disorders, sponsored by the Division of Special Education of the New York City Public Schools. Staten Island, NY, 1993.
22. “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults.” Presentation given at Holliswood Hospital. NY, 1992.
23. “Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults.” Presentation given at John Jay College. New York, NY, 1991.
24. “Treatment Considerations in Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.” Guest speaker, St. Bernard’s Hospital and St. Mary’s Hospital. London, ENG, 1983.